Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

6th Day into my wisdom tooth extraction.

The pain & swell is still there; with some blue-black. Imagine having 8 tooths extracted at a time. The surgeon must be definitely experienced, my bleeding stopped hours after i discharged from the day surgery centre, though my lips & gum felt numb and swollen.

The first day was bad ; i could hardly opened my mouth; perhaps just approx 2 cm , big enough to insert a straw. All i could eat was Anlene Milk (Lunch), HL milk (Dinner) & Strawberry flavoured milk for supper.After the first day, i guessed my inner hunger for real solid food overtook the compliance to soft food. I had milk for lunch, but had porridge for dinner. 3rd day , i was already having carrot cake for lunch. The 3rd day was the worst, the swell got to its biggest size, and i looked as if i was stuffed with food in my mouth. Luckily, the swell started to subside on the 4th day.

Days after days, i could only rest at home, either watching CableTV channels , or playing games online. Guess an active person like me, could not realli stay home and rest. Had the urge to go on the streets, but was held back cos of my swollen face.

Another 4 days before i return to work. Monday would be distrastrous for me, i am sure i would be greeted with tons of emails when i login to my acc in the morning. Hahaa ... guess that's a norm for all working adults.

Bless myself to get well soon .... Starting braces in Mar.

No comments: